Saturday, November 24, 2007

International Food Swap

Last night I was invited by a Japanese girl I know (Mari) to a Japanese dinner party. I was also informed to bring some 'English' food. As I didn't have anything in that was really English I made mashed butternut squash with pepper, boiled potatoes and stir-fried chicken with Montreal chicken seasoning.The nationalities of the people there were: Mexican, Finnish, German, Chinese and Japanese. Everyone brought food of their country but the Japanese food was the most prolific because it was their kitchen. I ate everything with chopsticks and was praised for my skill at using them.


4 comments:

Lydia said...

What did the Finns bring? I would have liked to know the other dishes.

robyn. said...

that's what i was thinking

Hugh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hugh said...

It doesn't sound English the food you brought. Fish and Chips would have been better!! ;-) Soaked in loads of vinegar!! ;-)